(RT) Nov. 14, 2011 - The City of Oakland paid for 1,000 paramilitary troops in this planned take down. Now police in occupied Oakland have cleared out a re-formed occupation after threatening Occupy demonstrators with more heavy handed violence.
Oakland PD and agents from other San Francisco Bay Area cities encircled the downtown encampment before dawn and moved in at about 6:00 am. They escorted handcuffed protesters away soon afterward to be imprisoned, strip searched, humiliated, and potentially violated further.
- Eyewitness: Occupy Oakland raided again
- Storm Troopers hit one Oakland camp, leave other
- Student loans add to angst at Occupy Wall St.
Scott Olsen regains (free) speech
Berkeley (Occupy Cal), St. Louis, Salt Lake City, Eureka, Denver, Albany (NY), Riverside, Portland, and other camps have been attacked as part of an organized suppression campaign.
- #OWS: The Most Important Thing in the World Now
- Special Report: Food for the Soul at Occupy LA
- Vatican City's gay love triangle murder
- How do we dismantle rape culture
- Capitalism versus the climate
- Racism in the Occupy Movement?
- Occupy Wall Street and its offshoots have been catching flak for being so "white." Occupy Atlanta is no exception, getting off to a rough start...when a civil rights movement hero-turned-Congressman stopped by to offer his support, only to be waved off by the mostly white G.A.