In an email to The BRAD BLOG, Sgt. Christopher Bolton, Oakland PD's Chief of Staff, confirmed that the incident involved an "OPD use of force," which took place at 16th Street near San Pablo Ave. in Oakland on the morning of Nov. 3, 2011.
The matter was "under investigation." (Recall that a general strike took place in Oakland on Nov. 2. This event, according to the cameraman, took place shortly after midnight.) More
- INN World Report radio's Wall St. Teach-In
- VIDEO: Scott Walker gets checked after betraying voters
- Wolf: The people versus the police (CNN)
- Second Iraq Vet critically injured by Oakland PD The police's violent Oct. 25 crackdown on Occupy Oakland demonstrators sent another vet to surgery, one who wasn't even protesting...
- The Oakland City Council heard hours of emotional testimony on the Occupy Oakland encampment and the city's brutal crackdown. Supporters urged a resolution opposing police brutality.