- Joe, do you or could you meditate?
[Still drinking soda, eating fast food (excitotoxins and cancer-forming carbs, adulterated fats, sugars), watching TV (commercials)...]
"There's no way I can meditate. I can't pay attention. I've been sitting here playing Call of Duty: Black Ops for like 12 hours.
"If I try to meditate, I'll fall asleep. So, like, forget it. My phone keeps going off, texts, uh... What was I saying?
"I'm so fat and losing my hair. I look like Da' Buddha, or who's that guy at the Chinese take-out, Hotei Budai? You know, you rub his belly. Anyway. What, like, you sit down, like, on the floor on a cushion? Dude. No way! Maybe after some primo bud..."
- But, Joe, how are you able to pay attention to those videogames for 12 hours?
- If you have Attention DEFICIT and Hyperactive Disorder, where are you getting all this attention?
"Oh-oh, I see! Hmm, huh, yeah. Medication? This game's exciting! Isn't meditation, like, BORING? Just sitting there staring at your belly button. What is meditation? I can't do it! I don't have the attention span to meditate."
Fact Find Tour Inside Joe's Head
Short Attention Span Theatre "Leaving Jesusland" (NOFX)
- Beer and the Science of Partying
- Adventures in Hyperactive Meditation (borntoexplore.org)
- Zen Buddhism and ADHD: Meditation not medication
- VIDEO: Excitotoxins The Taste That Kills
- PDF: Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills
- TaoJoe.com: Path of Least Resistance
Meditation as treatment for ADHD (ABC News)