Many of us have read books about Buddhism. But how can the actual teachings of the historic Shakyamuni Buddha bring us liberation from suffering?
Join PasaDharma's Roshi Jeff Albrizze to explore the Middle Path -- not as unattainable religious dogma but as a gateway to real happiness in everyday life. This talk will attempt to get at the real life questions many American Buddhists often contemplate as they become more familiar with the Dharma.
- What is the difference between reincarnation, rebirth, and the "transmigration of the soul" according to the Buddha's teachings?
- Why does it sometimes seem like "I've been here before"?
- If I lead an evil life, will I be reborn as an dog or dog?
There will also be a question and answer period and a short meditation.
ROSHI JEFF ALBRIZZE: From Catholic altar boy, to traveling Pentecostal preacher, to part time Buddhist monk, Roshi Jeff's spiritual journey has led him down many paths. He has been practicing Zen Buddhism for 20 years. He has been leading PasaDharma Zen Meditation Group in Pasadena for 12 years.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 6:30-8:00 pm
- $10 donation (no one turned away for lack of funds)
- Alexandria II Bookstore (626) 792-7885
- 170 S. Lake Ave., Pasadena, CA 91101