(Mark Molaro) Inspiring interview with Ethan Nichtern, founder and director of the Interdependence Project (The ID Project) in New York City and author of the new book One City: A Declaration of Interdependence. This is a fascinating and personal discussion of Nichtern's idea of interdependence, as well as an enlightening conversation about Eastern philosophies in general, such as Buddhism and meditation. Nichtern talks about a strong worldwide desire for a new social consciousness that properly balances inner peace with informed civic and social engagement and responsibility.
- The Mindful Social Network: Going Online Without Losing Your Mind
- 10-week Buddhism study course with Ethan Nichtern and Sharon Salzberg
- "Seeing Clearly in a City of Illusion" with
- Shastri Ethan Nichtern at Shambhala WLA
- Sunday, July 31, 2011 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- $15.00 general public, $10.00 (members, seniors, students)
- Public sitting at 4:00-5:00 pm, talk begins at 5:30 pm